Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fuel tap probs
09-10-2012, 06:24 PM
fuel tap probs
after the fuel starvation probles on the C2C, i stripped me fuel tap, and drilled out the feed pipe to 4.5mm (was 3mm) cleaned me tank and carb (loads of shit in it, little bits of black crap) but its still not flowing a lot of fuel, about half a pint a minute, should be double that. i"ll get a new tap and see what its like. never had bother with it before....Undecided

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: fuel tap probs
Divn't want to sound like am tellin' me ganny how to suck eggs, but ye have checked ye fuel cap breather hole, cos i had the same bother once Wink

If you tell a big enough lie and keep repeating it, eventually people will believe it!! (Joseph Goebbels)
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM
two holes drilled in fuel cap for air flow marra. swapped the FF fuel tap off me GP , and that flows over 3/4 of a pint a minute. put a cable choke/panel clip and me sidepanels back on as well. i"ll just run it like this until after Brid.

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
(09-11-2012 06:51 PM)Goldeneye Wrote:  two holes drilled in fuel cap for air flow marra. swapped the FF fuel tap off me GP , and that flows over 3/4 of a pint a minute. put a cable choke/panel clip and me sidepanels back on as well. i"ll just run it like this until after Brid.

Like your Style GE