Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HENGINE
06-17-2012, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012 10:43 PM by mag.)
HENGINE
just built up a P200 engine for me -self... took the oil pump off, electric start off, ring gear off the flywheel. its had new bearings , gaskets , seals,new piston with chrome rings, honed the barrel, brand new clutch with DR uprated springs, re-wired stator plate, skimmed cylinder head, 26mm in the box carb, T5 4th gear, and a simonini exhaust i had kicking about the shed. all finished and ready to go in the stickered up vespa tomorrow .

if your taking the starter motor off a PX engine, and want to block the hole up, the hole is 66mm across, the same as a standard piston. so...cut the top off a nackered P2 piston (or Lammy 200 piston) drill 3 holes in it for the studs, and bolt it on. cheap and easy fix. and it looks almost factory fitted, being aluminium.

[Image: IMG_1142.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2012, 11:44 PM
RE: HENGINE
Is your wine ,medicinal ,theraputic ,or insperation ?
06-18-2012, 07:51 AM
thats not wine thats old 2 stroke. waste not want not
06-18-2012, 12:32 PM
photo was taken on a Sunday. GE is always well oiled on red wine on a Sunday!
06-18-2012, 12:50 PM
That stickered up PX is the scootering equivalent of Trigger's broom!

not signing on!
06-18-2012, 02:56 PM
(06-18-2012 12:32 PM)mag Wrote:  photo was taken on a Sunday. GE is always well oiled on red wine on a Sunday!

fathas day drinkAngel.... its arnly had two sets of forks, three different engines, 9 seats, six back racks....... you get me drift......Big Grin
06-19-2012, 08:03 PM
well its in and running, 2nd kick, and just an adjust of the clutch , and two spade fittings for the lighting wires required, and its ready to rock. ......but not as easy as it sounds..... putting a vespa engine in and setting it up....piece of piss.... getting the old engine out when the main engine bolt is siezed solid...not very piece of piss!Undecided out with the grinder for one side, and drill the bolt with ever increasing sized bits on the other side, until i could slide a hacksaw blade in and saw through the bolt....what a bastard! luckily, i"m putting "klaus studio" engine bushes in that i"m getting from America, so all is not lost...just an engine bolt and some time. its an old kitted PX engine ive taken out (177 kit) thats been pretty bulletproof for 5 years (ive loaned it out to loadsa people to get to rallies over the years) gonna do a revamp of it, but keep it the same spec. 177/24mm carb/sito plus exhaust/up gear kit and an Augusto 6000 ignition. looks like i"m taking the P200 to cleethorpes after that carry on!
06-20-2012, 06:45 PM
been out for a blast about (well , a tootle) everything ok , put about 20 miles on it. kept it low revs, but its smooth as owt. left it ticking over for an hour to bed it in a bit, couple of days using it for work, leave it on fast tickover for an hour or 2, and then ring its fuckin neck to Cleethorpes! Big Grin