Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
old pics of Sunderland
11-02-2014, 11:55 AM
RE: old pics of Sunderland
(11-02-2014 10:59 AM)Goldeneye Wrote:  class picture of our old "club house" ...but where is the fountain outside?Huh that must have been moved there at a later date. as much as the kings arms is a good meeting place , there was nowt like riding down the hill from the Queen Alexandra bridge end on a Tuesday night in the summer and seeing all the scooters lined up outside. Cool

1842 it says mate. How many other scooter clubs etc etc etc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Annabels is where I went with my Houghton pals when I felt trendy ffs
[Image: annabels.jpg]
11-04-2014, 07:37 PM
another one I couldn't get in ! (well , I did once or twice, but I thowt it was shoite) I cant really remember anything about it really, apart from loadsa stairs to get in, and really crap music. it moved round the corner upstairs to Idols (titty bar) and that was full of bell end posuers as well. any of the Blue Monkey? now that was a club! Cool

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
11-05-2014, 10:31 PM
(11-04-2014 07:37 PM)Goldeneye Wrote:  another one I couldn't get in ! (well , I did once or twice, but I thowt it was shoite) I cant really remember anything about it really, apart from loadsa stairs to get in, and really crap music. it moved round the corner upstairs to Idols (titty bar) and that was full of bell end posuers as well. any of the Blue Monkey? now that was a club! Cool
nah but there is this
[Image: finos.jpg]
11-07-2014, 06:13 PM
class! toy dolls outside Finos! the song could have been written about any club in the early 80"s....if ya didn't fit in, ya didn't get in... still see marty yule (drummer) when I go back to sunderland,as he is the proprietor of Hot Rats records in park lane, top gadgee. always pop in for a natter to see who is dead/committed to an asylum/alcoholic/drug addled...... delete as appropriate.....

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
11-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Used to walk through Barclay on way to Monkwearmouth college on day release from the NCB. I seem to remember a scooter/bike parts shop just off it on the Roker avenue side.
[Image: barclay.jpg]
11-19-2014, 03:49 PM
(11-19-2014 02:34 PM)Beam Wrote:  Used to walk through Barclay on way to Monkwearmouth college on day release from the NCB. I seem to remember a scooter/bike parts shop just off it on the Roker avenue side.
[Image: barclay.jpg]

Graham Littles motorcycles, it's still there Wink

Rob Miller used to work there and when we used to turn up, Graham little always used to say(in a broad Brummy accent!) 'waiting for Rob are we?' ah memories Big Grin

If you tell a big enough lie and keep repeating it, eventually people will believe it!! (Joseph Goebbels)
01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Monkwearmouth Station. Look at the flyscreen and the head protection of the lad on the LD??? in the foreground. superb.

[Image: MNKWRMTHSTN.jpeg]
01-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Monkseaton station AND a lad with a big screen and a cap on an LD.....gerrin
[Image: monkstn.jpg]
01-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Sign of our age Mr Beam. See an old codger on a scooter when you're young and he's an old codger. But now he's a lad!