Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
old pics of Sunderland
01-06-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: old pics of Sunderland
monkwearmouth station though surely Bill? not monkseaton? lovely old station, now a museum.

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 11:35 AM by Beam.)
(01-06-2015 12:41 AM)Goldeneye Wrote:  monkwearmouth station though surely Bill? not monkseaton? lovely old station, now a museum.

Aye of course Monkwearmouth....Doh! Too long through hereTongue

(01-05-2015 11:30 PM)mag Wrote:  Sign of our age Mr Beam. See an old codger on a scooter when you're young and he's an old codger. But now he's a lad!

Most of us are probably older ow than he was when this pic was taken Sad

Chester Road this time. Does the Series 1 date this?[Image: chesterrd.jpg]
01-06-2015, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 12:54 PM by Goldeneye.)
that hasn't changed much has it!? looks almost the same today. early 60"s looking at the cars. the fruit and veg shop with the awning on the corner of Cleveland road is still there, and Carricks is now Greggs, I used to do me shopping at those shops when I lived in Millfield. anymore pics Bill? good these like.

in fact, if you follow that road down where the series one is exiting, it ends up at 70"s Bob Vincents back lane .......

01-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Must have been fitting them windshields as standard back then. This is Grindon but Ive no idea whereabouts. As you rightly pointed out on sunday in the Vaults Jeff to me and my dad, Im a woolyback. You got it wrong by the way, we are yackers.
[Image: Grindon.jpg]
01-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Grindon isn't a place ive been to very much at all (only to play footy really years ago) looks like a zundapp bella with its bigger wheels and fancy chrome trim on the mudguard.

01-08-2015, 10:03 PM
That's greenwood road jeff pennywell at top of it and Sandhills bar at bottom bit rough wen I was growing up
01-09-2015, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 02:48 AM by Goldeneye.)
I had a job once , to clear this blokes garden, for this builder (I was arnly 15) but the skip was beside the grindon mill pub, and the garden was the top end of pennywell. he wouldn't move the skip, because it would cost him, so I had to push barrow after barrow of.. well...shite really... about a fuckin mile down the road, and dump it up two scaffold planks into the skip.... I got 3 quid for the privelige. happy fuckin days.... no the wonder ive blanked Grindon out of me mind ...horrible planky skippy threepunndy place. cunts.

as an aside,,,,,, ive just watched pink flloyd "another brick in the wall" video , from the same era... what a bunch of self indulgent clapshite that was! fuckin terrible! and then...low and be fuckin hold........COLDPLAY come on! the noughties version of da floyydd! bunch of bellends ! all we need now is BONO! thank Christ he has been nearly crippled so he cannit play the banjo! Norton gentlemans Cycling Club would skin his feckin teeth.....wanker!Cool

01-10-2015, 08:20 PM
(01-07-2015 12:22 AM)Goldeneye Wrote:  Grindon isn't a place ive been to very much at all (only to play footy really years ago) looks like a zundapp bella with its bigger wheels and fancy chrome trim on the mudguard.
Dayton Albatross or Flamenco possibly
01-18-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 01:20 PM by Goldeneye.)
http://www.northeastfilmarchive.com/vide...-transport some class footage on here

01-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Nee one would have a scooter club down here surely.....oh hang on
[Image: deptford.jpg]