Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new steed.....
06-20-2013, 01:04 PM
new steed.....
well, the old stickered up workhorse has been put out to pasture...its earnt its corn over the 13 years ive had it...gonna restore it properly next year. but in the meantime, ive bought a mallosied up T5 classic, with quite a few SIP bits on it, as me daily steedCool ive also taken quite a few of the trick bits off to make it more "workhorse" friendly, and put me big backrack/flip flop backrest on. its got a Seaburn reg plate on it..................ExclamationBig Grin

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: new steed.....
I think Stu is after a malossi ,he has a standard T5 top end newish piston Wink
06-21-2013, 01:40 AM
(06-20-2013 08:09 PM)Ted Wrote:  I think Stu is after a malossi ,he has a standard T5 top end newish piston Wink

that's one bit that's staying ted...nice try....Rolleyes

06-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Shy bairns get nowt Wink
06-21-2013, 09:32 PM
its got..Malossi 172, MMW billet cylinder head with "o" ring, 28mm Dellorto, Malossi manifold, 21 tooth welded banded 5 plate Cosa clutch, SITO plus exhaust (had a readspead RH , ive removed this) YSS adjustable shocks, SIP tubeless rims with shcwalbe (boo hiss) tyres (put a standard S1 on the front , as it steered like a wheelbarra with the SIP rim on the front, too wide) and a few other bits (clutch pressure bearing, carbon plates etc.) it goes alreet, but it needs a new piston and rings , as its a bit down on power for a malossi 172. the barrel is mint , but malossis , and T5"s in general need regular (expensive) ring changes , and pistons tooUndecided if I get bored of the T5 , ive got me tuned 177 px motor, or the POLOSSI 211 to try out in it. aye, reliable everyday motoring ya vespa.......Big GrinBig Grin

07-01-2013, 10:04 PM
went well over the weekend, would only top out at 70mph with the 20 tooth clutch cog I put in for 2"s up (that was 70mph 2"s up) but it pulled strongly . ill put the 21 back in and see what it does (only a 15 minute job to change the gearing like this , clutch out, strip, change cog..and you've got 3 options, 20/21/22 teeth to play with.) it was good on the petrol as well, even with the 28mm delly fitted. after all, its only 172cc...... not a hint of pinking , which I put down to the excellent MMW billet cylinder head.

07-01-2013, 11:02 PM
(07-01-2013 10:04 PM)Goldeneye Wrote:  went well over the weekend, would only top out at 70mph with the 20 tooth clutch cog I put in for 2"s up (that was 70mph 2"s up) but it pulled strongly . ill put the 21 back in and see what it does (only a 15 minute job to change the gearing like this , clutch out, strip, change cog..and you've got 3 options, 20/21/22 teeth to play with.) it was good on the petrol as well, even with the 28mm delly fitted. after all, its only 172cc...... not a hint of pinking , which I put down to the excellent MMW billet cylinder head.

any pics
07-02-2013, 07:35 AM
its just a plain metallic red T5 gus, nowt special to look at.