Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum decorum
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 12:02 PM by mag.)
Forum decorum
Alex and I had a long conversation this morning about the way this forum is used and the potential consequences of unregulated threads.

We jointly decided that a thread should be deleted as the damage being caused was unjustifiable by arguing free speech. This was a very difficult decision, but one we both agreed was better than letting the arguments spiral.

We suggest that a set of rules be established as to what can and can't be tolerated. It will always be the case that what is said on here can be interpreted as the opinion of the whole club, even though we know that the club is such a loose association of diverse people that could never be.

We welcome any reasoned comments and suggestions, so lets just get back on our silly mopeds and get back to just enjoying ourselves.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2012, 12:24 PM
RE: Forum decorum
What's goin on like? A gan away for one night and all Hells broke loose?

not signing on!
07-01-2012, 01:35 PM
totally agree. can people who post on here please remember that this is the WEARSIDE WANDERERS SCOOTER CLUB website, and no one elses. and please, can anyone from any other club who comes on here for a browse, please respect that. and please dont try and dictate what we put on here, WWSC are a democracy. thanks.
07-01-2012, 01:47 PM
My opinion is as follows;

This is a forum, a place for people to express their views. As Goldeneye says THE WEARSIDE WANDERERS FORUM.

People need to be respecftful when posting and moderators need to moderate. If some one steps out of line they should be warned. If a thread gets out of hand it should be locked NOT DELETED. If comments are made that are incorrect they could be edited by the moderator, or the error pointed out.

In my opinion the only reason to delete a thread would be if it was inciting violence or hatred (racial or otherwise). People's opnions should not be deleted just because they aren't the views of someone else.

not signing on!
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Free speech is what it says .As long as there is no malice or personal abuse ,threat of violence so let it roll
07-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Huh
07-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm not officially a member of any scooter club ( always preferred to be solo & drift around clubs ) so can I still play
07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
People need to be respecftful when posting and moderators need to moderate. If some one steps out of line they should be warned. If a thread gets out of hand it should be locked NOT DELETED. If comments are made that are incorrect they could be edited by the moderator, or the error pointed out.

In my opinion the only reason to delete a thread would be if it was inciting violence or hatred (racial or otherwise). People's opnions should not be deleted just because they aren't the views of someone else.

I agree...
07-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Hopefully we can draw a line under this and move forward, doin' what we do best i.e takin' the piss out of each other Wink
07-01-2012, 06:41 PM
hear hear , stoopid lambrettas anyway!