electronic ignition help
08-21-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: electronic ignition help
Well Dickie you get what you pay for /Aprilia system for me
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2014, 12:15 PM
(08-21-2014 07:02 PM)dickie Wrote:  well, I bought an Indian stator and flywheel combination with Italian CDI and regulator.

When i saw the state of the stator and flywheel I couldn't face putting them on a motor I've spent so much time and effort building. They looked like they'd been built by a pissed monkey. So they went back.

Varitronic ordered.

Who did you buy it from? Scooter Restorations kits are rewired prior to sale and are usually bang on.
08-22-2014, 12:25 PM
(08-22-2014 12:15 PM)mag Wrote:  
(08-21-2014 07:02 PM)dickie Wrote:  well, I bought an Indian stator and flywheel combination with Italian CDI and regulator.

When i saw the state of the stator and flywheel I couldn't face putting them on a motor I've spent so much time and effort building. They looked like they'd been built by a pissed monkey. So they went back.

Varitronic ordered.

Who did you buy it from? Scooter Restorations kits are rewired prior to sale and are usually bang on.

I bought it from scooter Restorations. If they had rewired it I would hate to have seen it before. It was shit.

Maybe it's because I'm an electrical engineer? Although my colleagues reckon I've got pretty low standards.
08-24-2014, 12:13 PM
I love my varitronic mate. Bought it from CamLam like everything else I get. A lot of different philosophies around but mine is buy the best quality you can afford. Sometimes even if you can't afford it Smile