Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LM HELL.......
09-16-2014, 07:20 PM
LM HELL.......
just pulled apart a LML reedvalve engine to fix for a lad, its never been apart from the factory....timing was set at 27 degrees! (should be 18) piston had disintergrated , half was missing , down the exhaust presumably, black pick up knackered on stator, and small end bearing shattered into three bits (the shell, the rollers were still in though!)Undecided and a long reach plug, which seams to have been touching the piston somewhat. all back together with Piaggio parts and running again. thing is, the reedvalve casings and reed block are custy bits of kit, with big casing ports to put a malossi etc straight on, but they still put shit bearings in, and don't set them right. the chassis is actually made of thicker metal, and the paint is canny. if they got the little things right, could be great scooters for the money.

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: LM HELL.......
Well if you get your hands on one ( cheap ha ha ) give me a call as I'll be needing one for work as I could be going back into 3 shifts ( can't be paying £3.20&petrol every day )
09-17-2014, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 11:23 AM by Goldeneye.)
£3.20 x 5 =£16 x 4=£64........get a new one on finance, be like getting a free scooterWink

by the way Roy, got your old P200 coming in for a fettle tomorrow, new rings etc. still going strong, done some miles that bugger.

09-17-2014, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 07:33 PM by roy64.)
It has indeed as I used it for work 32 mile a day on average 6 days a week for 6 years ? ( now who kept it on the road for me ha ha )

You right Jeff about getting one on tick I'll see what happens at work ! Mind I'll need all the sh-t taking off and have it running right by you no who ha ha
09-18-2014, 09:57 AM
LML dealership over the road from ours. some bonny looking colours. they also stock Enfield motorbikes, the "café" racer 500 looks very rockeresque.

09-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Done ya owld P200 Roy, needed rings and a few electrical gremlins sorting out , and a bloody good service, but it was basically sound. took it for a test ride and it rode very well, a testament to the regular servicing you used to have done on it. so whats that? 80 thousand miles or so? you did 60k, and the new owner does a load of miles .......... see, a good P200E will last a long time if looked after. best scooter ever made (puts tin hat on)Big Grin