Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
disc brake for me T5
10-11-2014, 05:19 PM
disc brake for me T5
After uminnd arrrring (pirate-like) for a while to fit me old disc front end off me P200 (in bits and in storage) to me T5 , I decided to get mucked in and do it. I"d already sprayed a fiberglass MK1 T5 mudguard (matt black:coolSmile , and the headset bottom the same, so got stripping and building half ten, all back up and running, new forks/headset bottom, wiring, new cables, brake bled , and sticky caliper sorted for half three. only problem was the sticky caliper from being stood idle, and changed the gear inners and clutch inner as a matter of course. the front drum was probably the best drum ive ever had on a vespa, but I know this disc is great. test ride tomorrow, and break the new brake pads in on the way to Brid.

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: disc brake for me T5
Sounds like a good days graft GE !!!!
10-11-2014, 09:35 PM
was a pleasure to fit Ted, Piaggio parts fit, no messing. if only it was that simple on a Lammy eh? even after cutting two holes, one in the headset for the hose, and one in the muddy for the same, all the screw holes lined up, and it went together no probs. had all the stuff in the shed as well, so a nice cheap conversion.

10-13-2014, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 07:43 PM by Gus.)
On a total different tack, remind me again how to do a reverse pull brake on a drum brake on a lammy
Is it just on the rear brake or both
Cheers
Gus
10-16-2014, 12:01 AM
done about twenty miles on it....my old forks/fork link must have been well worn, this set feel much more solid and planted. (I"d re-furbed the hub and backplate with xtra long bearings that use all the axle, and new seals, brake pads and nuts and bolts, brake fluid etc.) along with the YSS shocker from SIP, feels great on the road (well, for a P-range anyway!)