Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Elvis rides a Vespa.....
11-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Elvis rides a Vespa.....
...well , not the real one, but our very own Norton elvis, mick robbo. got his engine on the bench at the minute, to get a bit more out of his set up. he has a bolted on malossi 166 kit, so out with the power tools (Big Grin) and cut him some new ports in the casing to match his barrel, matched his carb/box/casing, cut a chunk off his crank, opened his inlet up a tad, couple of new bearings, all new seals and gaskets, clean/hone his barrel and new piston rings, clutch plates and springs/cruciform etc. he already has a 26mm carb and a sito plus exhaust, so we"ll see how it goes compared to his old bolted on set up with no matching. hopefully it"ll Rock!Cool

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2014, 07:47 PM
RE: Elvis rides a Vespa.....
Hopefully
11-23-2014, 10:57 PM
it went ok before, (65-ish mph) for a bolted on kit. I set it up 5 years ago, and it hasn't let him down , but he wants a bit more oomph, so I think this will give him a few more MPH and a dollop of zing for next to nowt. I prefer tuning 125 engines, you can get more out of them for less money compared to 200"s.

11-24-2014, 12:19 PM
[Image: 15692_418750485802_100484820802_5723090_..._n_191.jpg]
11-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Has Elvis left the building/ tardis yet ?.
11-28-2014, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 01:29 AM by Goldeneye.)
nar, he"s doing the motor in "instalments". finished the bottom end build, top end getting done in January. its only rings and gaskets, but that's £60 for bits. cables and putting it in in February. he"s getting his pipe blasted and painted to keep the price down. ive got a one that's been on the backburner too long to finish that's waiting, that's getting me attention next...

oh , and finally, I'm doing me Lammys floor struts that have needed welding for the last 5 years!, bit of a tidy up of the owld Special, rear floorboards painted, fork springs and rods, paint exhaust ,lighten the flywheel a tad (not much more with the engine, goes great as it is) and re-cover the seat , I don't like the yellow piping! getting it done in plain black. had great plans for the T5 , but , again, its gannin topper, so leave it alone, maybe some new tyres.