Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NONDA
11-30-2014, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 12:58 AM by Goldeneye.)
NONDA
whilst raking in one of my many boxes of bits (i never throw anything away!)ive found a complete Honda 205 Taffspeed top end , piston/rings/ head the lot,Big Grin so ...should I take off the bulletproof cast iron 200 I have on now? (which goes really well) and put the HONDA pistoned jug on? or leave it alone ?....Undecided... looks a great bit of kit though but man woman man...........Cool

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: Honda 205
Do it !!!! Smile
12-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Yes do-it you no you want 2 if you don't like it swap it back !
12-01-2014, 10:39 PM
If it ain't broke n all that Undecided is there much of a performance boost with the Honda kit, or is it just a bit more bullet proof?

If you tell a big enough lie and keep repeating it, eventually people will believe it!! (Joseph Goebbels)
12-02-2014, 07:32 AM
depends on the state of tune/exhaust used etc. the exhaust port and transfers on this one look quite big.

12-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I ran a Honda 205 with a mikeck exhaust back in
The Day and loved it. The Neighbours Didn't
12-02-2014, 11:10 PM
I"ll just use my KOSO (kiehin style) flatslide 28/30 ovalbore carb, and the indian bigbore (revs on better than an AF clubman), and see what it does. ive got an Augusto 6000 fitted as well. its cold in that there shed at the minute though! might do a bit tomorrow.

12-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Is that not wilky's Honda set up before he went onto TS1 on his scooter he let go
12-03-2014, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 06:12 PM by Goldeneye.)
naw, that ended up in Newcastle that top end, I was there when he put it on a lads GP200 engine. I find all kinds man. when I left the old unit, I left a load...and I mean a LOAD of smallframe stuff "that"ll never be worth owt"......Sad I also left loads of boxes of NEW OLD STOCK Cosa parts in Piaggio packets because they wouldn't fit in the van! (probably a wise move that one like!)...they'll be holding up some house in thornaby now... hoyed straight in the foundations!

...I used to hoy stuff away...never again!Wink

12-05-2014, 07:53 PM
engine out, on the bench, partially stripped and checked . all looks ok , a bit dirty, (and a rusty exhaust, solid though) but only a missing spade connector off the stator, and a thread stripped on the mag housing (they always strip, so no big deal) crank tip top, clutch and sprockets look good, iwis chain mint. the cast iron 200 top end is clean as a whistle as well, so degrease and put to one side for a rainy day. its quite a few years since I last had it out (oo err missus) so was quite pleased with how it has stood up to some serious abuse. when the engine is finished , itll be time to tackle the frame/floorstruts forks etc. we"ll see what 12 years worth of rallies has done to the owld girl.Undecided