Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NONDA
12-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Rainbow RE: Honda 205
rebuilt the gearbox/clutch etc. only thing wrong was one loose endplate nut, and the IWIS chain needed adjusting as it was a bit slack.i put some vespa springs over me lammy ones, so its a ten spring clutch now. I only run a top chain guide (MB) so put a new tab washer and two big flat washers on to keep it in place. stripped me exhaust back to bare metal with a flapper disc in me grinder (Big Grin favourite tool!) and gave it two coats of brush on engine paint, that'll last a while when it bakes on . only the cowlings to sort and a quick check of the stator, give the rear brake an overhaul, and that's the motor done. total cost so far....errrr...nowt! I had odds and ends of gasket sets, and the top end was free, and other stuff I had lying aroundBig Grin nice for a change not having to shell out money!

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2014, 01:21 AM
RE: NONDA
after fitting the Honda 205 top end, measuring it up, and checking the ring gap etc. its turns out it hasn't got a lot of compression (probably why it was in a box of bits eh!) on looking closer at the rings in the bore , its got what we used to call NLT..not light tight, gap is ok, but you can see light past the perimeter of the rings , and also the points are dropped, like a saggy ring (fnrr fnrr) as rings are like rocking horse shite, im gonna go back to the cast 200 , with new rings fitted (8 quid from restos) and just lighten the flywheel a tad. the Honda barrel will be made into a 210 or summat when I have a bit more dosh/can be arsed. its a great looking piece of porting, so it would be a shame to let it stand in a box forever again. so its just a re-vamped version of me owld set , and non the worse for it, great bit of kit that has served me well over many years. CAST IRON ROCKS!

12-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Cast is great. I was given a tuned barrel by someone years ago and it is still doing a great job. thanks Mr Eye
12-12-2014, 01:09 PM
the piston in mine is an old Hepolite piston I got off you funnily enough marra! still going strong.

12-12-2014, 06:12 PM
If you check your piston to bore clearance and its ok (4 thou ish) I may have some rings that you can have, Honda MTX pistons came in sizes-67mm-upto 68mm in 0.25 increments. so would need bore size etc.