Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
me frame and that...
12-27-2014, 07:24 PM
me frame and that...
stripped the owld Special down today for a bit of a tidy up (not re-spraying it, I quite like the scratches/dings and history) everything came apart ok...even the detachable floor struts, which must be a feature of this modelUndecided they will be re-welded , and a couple of bits straightened out/repaired. a LOT of road muck, crud, and oil over the whole under body, so a weekend of degreasing and cleaning. but overall, its in good order. new cables and stuff , and it"ll be ready to rock and roll again. seat recovering next...

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: me frame and that...
took me forks to bits (thanks Ian Littler from Norton Commandos for the loan of the spring compressor) weeeshht! me top buffers were non existant, bottom ones in bits, and springs buggered!Undecided I think I may have been riding "around" the front end problem for a while.Blush.... weld the damper brackets on and a bit of paint , loadsa grease , and it"ll handle like a Newcastle defender in the 18 yard box once more.Big Grin

01-24-2015, 03:35 PM
that's me welding done. I borrowed a welding set of one of me neighbours (Danny), and had a look round his topper VW splitscreen camper while I was on, really nice with some great original accessories. he"s originally from sedberg in Cumbria , and is good mates with steve airie and dan brooks from Trojan S.C. small world eh! ive given him a vespa petrol tank (for his camper van diesel heater) in exchange for the welding kit loan.

01-25-2015, 03:31 PM
as I didn't have a welders mask, I used a wooly hat and a pair of raybans whilst welding....I now sport a bright red face and two rayban shaped white marks around me eyes. not a good look...but me frame is solid as fook now!Cool

01-28-2015, 08:23 PM
forks painted... along with the radiation, and the paint fumes, I"ll be deed in a week.........

01-28-2015, 10:47 PM
sounds like loads of fun GE Tongue
01-28-2015, 10:50 PM
who said that?.... cant see a thing with me weldy eye..........

01-29-2015, 05:33 PM
(01-28-2015 10:50 PM)Goldeneye Wrote:  who said that?.... cant see a thing with me weldy eye..........

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

This is a whisky free post...
01-29-2015, 06:53 PM
ive spent £4.20 so far.. this Lambretta lark is getting expensive... ordering me bits tomorrow ...then the expense starts (its about 47 quid....... )Big Grin

01-31-2015, 01:06 AM
HOW ...........MUCH FFS ,IS THAT POUNDS or YEN