Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T5 SIP ROAD EXHAUST
05-31-2015, 07:26 PM
T5 SIP ROAD EXHAUST
after my debacle at Kelso, ive bought a SIP road box exhaust for the T5 , I ran one on my Harry Barlow P200E motor and it went well for basically a modified standard Piaggio exhaust, if it matches or betters a SITO PLUS exhaust (which are good pipes when they arnt falling apart.....) ill be happy...watch this space... new tyres getting fitted this week on both steeds as well.

Mercedes E class for sale 99 pund o.n.o.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: T5 SIP ROAD EXHAUST
(05-31-2015 07:26 PM)Goldeneye Wrote:  after my debacle at Kelso, ive bought a SIP road box exhaust for the T5 , I ran one on my Harry Barlow P200E motor and it went well for basically a modified standard Piaggio exhaust, if it matches or betters a SITO PLUS exhaust (which are good pipes when they arnt falling apart.....) ill be happy...watch this space... new tyres getting fitted this week on both steeds as well.

Good solid choice. That SIP pipe you fitted on my Rally still going strong 3 years and counting.
06-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Aye Bill, the Readspeed JL I had on is a great pipe, but it being stainless steel it just isn't up to doing a lot of miles over bumpy roads..the trip to BRID, and a C2C and a couple of local rallies has made it split again...that's 3 times now I"ll have had it welded, getting to be a pain in the aris, (and at 20 quid a pop, getting a bit dear) the sito plus I had on at Kelso was just an old pipe I had in the shed that I put on as a stop gap...Undecided so putting summat more rally friendly on this time (easy clutch cable and spare wheel changing, and good ground clearance) so the SIP road it is.

07-28-2015, 05:25 PM
couple of months and three rallies on this pipe...really good pipe. its knocked about 5mph off my top speed (downhill with the wind behind me) BUT....its so much nicer to ride , pulls into wind and up hills without having to change down gears, and is so much quieter (me getting old eh!) ive put quite a few of these on P200"S /px125"s, but its the first ive put on a T5, and it give it that bit of torque that a T5 lacks. great touring set up. (and i got it for 75 quid new so well pleased!)