Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
metal WW badge
01-06-2016, 06:03 PM
metal WW badge
Hello chaps – you may have come across this badge and some others like it on fleabay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-LAMBRE...1898768566

Apologies if you have looked at something like this before in the past … but on a whim, I got in touch with the seller in Indonesia to ask if he could do the WW badge.

With a few language issues along the way – though he did respond straight away to each of my emails – I have determined that:

He could do our badge [I sent him a picture] in either brass, stainless steel or alloy for £6 each if we ordered 25+ - this includes shipping.

Obviously he wasn't interested in making fewer than that – and he wasn't willing to make one to send as a sample before we placed an order. Which, I think is fair play ... whatever he has to do to turn the picture into the pattern for a metal badge must be his biggest cost. The upshot is that we would pay upfront and hope the badges were worth the money when they arrive – but the ones on eBay look OK.

All 25 have to be the same metal - as they are stick on [though you could drill them easily enough] I'd go for stainless steel or alloy so they might bend a bit to go on a on a not-so-flat surface. I suspect that once he has the pattern he would do one-offs in any metal, but at his normal price of £9.99.

I'd be willing to risk £6 for one – you never know, they might be spot on. Any one else interested in making up the other 24?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: metal WW badge
(01-06-2016 06:03 PM)Charlie Wrote:  Hello chaps – you may have come across this badge and some others like it on fleabay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-LAMBRE...1898768566

Apologies if you have looked at something like this before in the past … but on a whim, I got in touch with the seller in Indonesia to ask if he could do the WW badge.

With a few language issues along the way – though he did respond straight away to each of my emails – I have determined that:

He could do our badge [I sent him a picture] in either brass, stainless steel or alloy for £6 each if we ordered 25+ - this includes shipping.

Obviously he wasn't interested in making fewer than that – and he wasn't willing to make one to send as a sample before we placed an order. Which, I think is fair play ... whatever he has to do to turn the picture into the pattern for a metal badge must be his biggest cost. The upshot is that we would pay upfront and hope the badges were worth the money when they arrive – but the ones on eBay look OK.

All 25 have to be the same metal - as they are stick on [though you could drill them easily enough] I'd go for stainless steel or alloy so they might bend a bit to go on a on a not-so-flat surface. I suspect that once he has the pattern he would do one-offs in any metal, but at his normal price of £9.99.

I'd be willing to risk £6 for one – you never know, they might be spot on. Any one else interested in making up the other 24?

I would be interested mate. Certainly worth a punt at the price.
01-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Count me in. Cool
01-06-2016, 10:28 PM
And me
01-06-2016, 11:54 PM
I'll have one Charlie
01-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Me to....
01-09-2016, 10:24 PM
I've got to considering its my design...

This is a whisky free post...
01-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Looks good can I have two please
01-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Call me paranoid, but is there no one in dear old Blighty, who can make them?

Ye here all kinds've horror stories of lads sending money 'up-front', to Johnnie foreigner, and endin' up with their pants down Tongue

Wud it be worth contactin' Toot, at the LCGB shop, to see if they can recommend anyone, before committing ourselves ? Wink

If you tell a big enough lie and keep repeating it, eventually people will believe it!! (Joseph Goebbels)
01-22-2016, 09:43 PM
I've ordered 12 @ £6 each. I'll let you know when they get here.