Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grace House Hospice Ride Out
05-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Grace House Hospice Ride Out
On Saturday last week 21st May I joined a group of mad people from sunderland on a charity run to Barnard Castle in aid of the above charity, about 2k was raised on the dayBig Grin the run started at castletown then passed through seaham,dalton park,coxhoe,durham services for fuel then onto bishop aukland and ending at Barnard Castle. It was a bit like Wacky Races most of the riders were in fancy dress and the bulk of the machines were old peds that have been bought and fixed up just for the event. All riders were booked into a hotel and all the machines were looked up and out of reach of joe public. The rest of the day was spent having a meal and a drink I had to leave just after tea but the rest of the party hit the town in fancy dress to collect more donations from the local pubs credit to all involved with this event i think this was its third year.
Only one problem only one scooter at this event, the hotel was fully booked in advance for next year which will fall on the 20th May 2017. I'am doing it again and i would like to think the invite for more scooters to join in next year will be taken up its a good cause and a local charity, these lads have been doing a fantastic job lets give them a hand with the fund raising for next year. Any one up for a ride out or even a stop overTongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: Grace House Hospice Ride Out
Sounds like a plan for next year's club calendar. Could be done in a day if no digs available.

We could go in fancy dress as mods ... and Pud as a hippie on his psychedelic GP
05-28-2016, 11:09 PM
Well it will be first come first served for the rooms but must be camping near buy or other b&bs would be goodfor more scooters to join inSmile
06-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Did anyone see the echo last night me picture was in on the event, am the one not in fancy dress shame on meAngry